Re: [TenTec] RTTY on the Omni VI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RTTY on the Omni VI
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:39:32 -0600
In my case the Omni VI Plus is connected to the computer directly without
any interface, transformers or level shifting devices.  With that said, the
sound card in the computer supplies both LINE INPUT and LINE OUTPUT levels.
Most have only Mic input and speaker output levels.  These won't work
without some level attenuation methods.

With the sound card supplying Line In and Line Out levels, connect direct to
the RCA jacks on the back of the Omni being  Audio In and Audio Out.  Adjust
levels on the Sound Card mixer as needed.  The VOX gain on the Omni is at 15
and the VOX delay at zero and the front panel MIC level control runs at
about 9 o'clock.  Be sure the PROCESSOR  is not active.  Using Mix-W as
software, choose the mode of your choice and enjoy digital contacts.

I've used this method for years very successfully and with excellent
reports.

73
Bob, K4TAX