Re: [TenTec] Omni Vi and DSP

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni Vi and DSP
From: Jim <jlboockh@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:44:25 -0600
I used an NIR-12 with my Omni VI Opt 3 for several years. I plugged it
into the speaker out jack on the back, which is how it was intended to
be used.

The NIR-12 was helpful on SSB, where it did a better job of eliminating
QRN than did the TT inboard DSP using the NR button. But on CW, the
NIR-12 introduced a time delay on the sidetone that made it difficult
for me to send code. So I routinely used it on SSB but not CW.

I haven't reinstalled the NIR-12 since I moved to my current QTH.
Probably I should do that, because it's a good unit. Thanks for the
reminder!

                        Jim  N4AL