[TenTec] monitor on the Orion I

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] monitor on the Orion I
From: "John K Gotwals" <john@gotwals.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:25:49 -0500
My Orion was delivered in early August 2005, and its monitor function works
exactly like yours.

John, N9JG
===========================
I just received one of the traded-in Orion I's last week from Ten Tec (that
someone traded in for an Orion II). I really love the radio so far! One
thing I was wondering about is the monitor funtion. I will put a set of Sony
7506 headphones in and select monitor at 100%. Listening to someone through
the headphones, I have the AF set at about 25%. However, when I talk (and
want to listen to my own audio), I have to turn the AF up to at least 50%.
Is this normal? I do not plan on using this funtion much, but was just
curious. I know the Icoms I have had in the past were a little like this,
but maybe not this bad. No big deal really. I have been so surprised at how
awsome this rig really is compared to what I have had in the past.