Re: [TenTec] twin lead fed, 10, band dipole w/ 2 low band verticals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] twin lead fed, 10, band dipole w/ 2 low band verticals
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:06:35 -0800 (PST)
Actually, the tee (hatted monopole), should be voltage
fed.  This intails a simple tank type circuit at the
antenna, inductor $ variable cap set in waterproof
box.   Once you determine the proper setting it stays
unchanged. If you want to see the pattern differences
between an L or T here is a link.  If you use an
inverted L and the horizontal and vertical is about
equal, it's really better to feed the L in the center.
 This eliminates radial inefficiencies, and still
gives the vertical polarization that a voltage fed L
would have. This arrangement can be ran right off a
Matchbox, ladder line fed, and Oh, it even has
multiband possiblities.
http://www.cebik.com/wire/tv.html