Re: [TenTec] Orion II Tuning Questions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Tuning Questions
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:23:25 -0500
Yes, besides if you're a QSK person, you're spending a few ms in receive
between each code element!

The interrupt service argument is good, except that the time to service an
interrupt is (or should be) measured in microseconds, i.e., not very
noticeable.  For the VFO encoder, all it has to do is increment a counter
and release, in principle.  (The VFO setting has to be updated, but not for
every encoder tick when things are changing fast.) Of course if the code is
not well structured, the interrupt can take a lot longer.  That's why this
kind of test is interesting -- it tells you something about how the control
code is written and how buggy it is likely to be.  In version 2, people say
everything's a lot better.  That remains to be seen on the Orion 1.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net