Re: [TenTec] Mics

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mics
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:53:09 -0600
The Studio One is a dynamic mike.  A known characteristic of all dynamic
mikes is "proximity effect" where the low frequency is enhanced as one
speaks close to the mike.  This is normal and should be well understood.
The solution offered is correct, roll off the low end:  or simply back away
from the mike 6" of so and turn the gain up.

Now to answer the original question that JT asked, short or measuring the
response in an acoustic anechoic chamber with associated equipment to the
tune of $500,000 or so, the answer is short.   Nope.

73
Bob, K4TAX