Re: [TenTec] Hercules II anomaly?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules II anomaly?
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:23:26 -0800
Thanks Bob & Mike for the replies.

Mike the antenna is a 3 element SteppIR and all antennas, 20 to 6 metres,
are at the same location.

Bob my first test was to search for a bad hunk of coax.  All seemed okay so
then I tried bypassing the various components.  The use of a dummy load
still gives me a discrepancy in SWR but less dramatic.

I've also tried another test.  In this case I fed the Hercules to full
power.  At 500+ watts BOTH wattmeters agree (or a close enough to not be a
concern).

I think that there's a little "something" is going on between the Orion
output and the Herc output.  When I've had a bit more coffee I'll try a
significantly longer piece of coax from the Orion to the Herc and see if
that helps.  If I have success I'll get back to the reflector.

Again, thanks to all who commented.

73,

Rick
VE7TK