Re: [TenTec] Centurion dial lamps

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion dial lamps
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:10:51 -1000
The intermittent character of the problem suggests bad contacts in the
bayonet bases. Replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs would not fix
this, although the lower heat produced by by LEDs versus the
incandescents could change it, maybe making it last longer between
failures. I suggest DeOxit on the contacts. You can buff the center
contact on the bulbs too.

> If I wiggle the bulb, it lights up fine, but goes off later, at
> random.  Some are worse than others. I would consider installing a #756 lamp
> solid-state frosted
> replacement, also, if anybody knows of one.

DE N6KB