Re: [TenTec] S meter and RF gain

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] S meter and RF gain
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 21:04:41 -0500
Some day I'd like to see both: an S (dBm) meter that tells the signal
level at the antenna connector, unaffected by attenuators, preamps,
and IF gain AND an indicator (on the same scale) that shows the AGC
threshold.  Not so easy to do on a single cheap meter, but easy if
done on the screen - ala IC-7800.  Meanwhile, I can live with either
scheme, although I'm not too happy about TT changing this (on the
original Orion) without giving users any choice about it.  It could
have been a menu option.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net