Re: [TenTec] LDG tuner install/first impressions

To: k4qo@earthlink.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LDG tuner install/first impressions
From: w2yj@highstream.net
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:11:50 -0500
I have a O2 with the TT internal tuner. I explained to LDG before telling TT
that I wanted a internal tuner what my antennas were and they said, "their
internal tuner would not handle my antennas" so I ordered the O2 with the
internal tuner. I also tried the LDG-1000 tuner on my antennas and on the low
end of 160 and 80 it flopped. I sold it!!
As for my antennas they are, 350 foot center fed with 450 ohm ladder line to a
4:1 balun and 15 feet of coax to the Orion. Second antenna is a Butternut
80/40/30 vertical and the third is a 175 foot flat top center fed with 450 ohm
ladder line to a 4:1 bauln and 15 feet of coax to the O2.
With all these choices I cannot use any memory in the tuner because they all
tune differently onthe same bands. I also have a 3 element SteppIR that does
not need tuning.
Now for the tuning with the TT internal. It tunes the two flat tops on all
frequencies except the 350 foot antenna won't tune on the low end of 80. Not a
problem because I use the Vertical.
With all these choices the TT internal does fine!!! I don't need memory.
Just my input to the tuner impressions.
George