Re: [TenTec] Help with New Orion II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with New Orion II
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:35:04 -0800
The Orion, like most transceivers, has two CW modes, one an 'upper' and the
other a 'lower'.  On some radios, they are labeled CW and CW Reverse, but in
any case this determines the 'direction' of the passband in relation to the
zero-beat frequency.  Perhaps moving to the other would have cleaned up the
signal.  Also, make sure the filter is in "Auto", that it is turned on in
the menu and that the filter has been centered using the procedure outlined
in the manual.  A lower-sideband signal 2 kHz up is going to cause problems
no matter what.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC