Re: [TenTec] Firmware update - Argo's turn!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Firmware update - Argo's turn!
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:09:35 -0500
> Jupiter just got a nice firmware update from Ten Tec,
> maybe Argo V is next?

I have an ARGO V and love it...great CW rig.

I have two nits to pick...one is the stupid squelch control....I would much
rather have that control be an RF GAIN control.

Second, I would want to see more steps in the QSK delay setting...more like
the Orion or my K2.....this would optimize QSK when operating CW.....at
present "0" is full QSK and "1" is no QSK......steps 2, 3, etc just add more
delay....great for SSB but not for QSK CW.

Otherwise a great QRP rig.

                                    73, Joe W2KJ