Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Orion V2. firmware A-OK!

To: Danny Hampton <dhampton@ipass.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Orion V2. firmware A-OK!
From: Randy K4QO <k4qo@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:15:28 -0500
Danny,

I went to 40 meters and tuned in a SW broadcaster.  When I activate the
manual notch it works correctly.  This is with the rf gain at about 40.
Above 50 it still works perfectly and I also get a random clicking
noise.  I also get the clicking noise without either notch filter on at
"high" rf gain settings. (and the S Meter dips with the clicks).
Obviously the DSP is having a problem with strong signals.   Its not a
problem for me since I don't run with more than 50 or 60 rf gain anyway.

Just another reason to use the rf gain to control the audio level out of
your radio... (just had to get that in! ;-)  )

Its a bug for sure but not unmanagable until it gets fixed.  "Perfectly"
is a relative term then?

73,
Randy
K4QO