Re: [TenTec] Orion II wannabe

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II wannabe
From: "w3ww" <w3ww@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:28:14 -0500
HI from another Lurker............

Wow!.... that brings back bad memories. After going through a FT1000D,
FT1000MarkV and a FT1000 Field over the course of several years, I thought
to myself: "can all these radios have a receiver that overloads this easily
and is so difficult to extract only a slightly weak signal?" Well, the
answer is YES, as W2NRA points out. It took me a while to figure out what
was happening.

All the filters in the world did not put a stop it. I finally tried the Omni
VI Plus and discovered a new world existed out there on the bands. The world
seemed to expand further with my Orion.

Took me far to long to figure this out.........

73, Don W3WW

TenTec mailing list