[TenTec] Orion shipping

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion shipping
From: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:20:53 -0600
I did get a Johnson Valiant destroyed by UPS, but they coughed up the $450
to replace it.  It had been seriously dropped...an 80 lb big square box and
difficult to handle...delivered by a 130 lb female UPS driver who dropped it
again right in front of me.

However, I have never had a "modern" radio damaged when packaged with
Styrofoam or good cardboard inserts.  TT shipped my original Orion as usual
and I shipped it back and forth once without damage, and my OII arrived in
perfect condition.  As NA9U also noted, I don't think there's been a broken
Orion yet.  I believe that TT would not use UPS if there were a significant
number of shipping damage issues.

Having said that, it would seem like a no-brainer, and low-cost alternative,
to throw a bit more high density cardboard around the radio as added

Larry, N0XB