Re: [TenTec] Orion Speech Compressors

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>,<mgoins@mail.ev1.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Speech Compressors
From: "Thomas Jednacz" <tjednacz@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:58:01 -0500
Hi Bob - Yes all true except for the Orion and Orion II speech processor.
There is NO distortion even at higher levels of compression. That is because
the algorithm used in the DSP does the compression correctly. Same in my
hearing aids. The compression does not add ANY distortion. Hardware
processors always do what you say. Correctly done DSP processors do not.

I have run many tests in the shack and on the air. Folks cannot tell I am
running a processor.

73, Tom, W7QF