I must have been reading a different review then most. After reading the
review the impressions I got were:
-It’s a darned expensive radio. You have to buy an option to get the second
-Its hard to use. The reviewer said in several places that he either bumped
or pushed the wrong control and could not, even with better lighting, read
many of the controls.
- The record and playback length is HALF that spec'd by Yaesu
- Automatic Antenna tuner seems a bit "stupid" taking 30 seconds to make a
match. All the time at full power?
- DSP NR seemed to ADD noise the longer it was left on. Not what I'm looking
for in DSP NR
- Programming memories was "less than intuitive". Hmm, is that code for
- 164 page manual was poor. Some instructions were the exact opposite from
what they should be
Well now, lets see I just paid between $5700 (for a single receiver radio)
and $12,135 (WOW!!) and the above is what I get?? But then I do get
uniformly positive reviews on SSB. OK, you picked a good microphone. Seems
QST while not coming right out and saying it has given this radio a less
than golden star!
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.0.0/268 - Release Date: 2/23/2006
TenTec mailing list