[TenTec] Orion II start-up crash

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II start-up crash
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:27:38 EST
Hi,

I have posted previously about the start-up problem my O2 has had.  As long
as I left it on, it worked fine.  If I turned it off and left it off for
several hours or more, then turned it on again, the VFO and antenna lights did
not
light and when it booted up, the antennas were not connected.  A reset, RAM
clear or both brought it back to life.  Sometimes I had to reset it more than
once.

I've been working with Paul on it.  They were unable to reproduce the problem
in the shop.  We thought it might be the power supply, so I tried several --
two different RS-35s, the TT 963, and even a fully-charged car battery.  It
had the same problem with all of them.  Finally, Paul swapped my O2 for a new
one.  No problems at all now.  It's running on the TT 963 supply, and all is
well.

I still wish I knew what caused the fault, but may never find out.  Anyway,
many thanks to Paul and the TT staff.  What a great outfit, and what a great
radio!  (3Y0X on five bands, including 160!)

73,

Ray W2RS