Re: [TenTec] Tuner and amp

To: na9u@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner and amp
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:22:12 -0800 (PST)
Hi John,
   You don't need an ALC line from any linear when using a
ten-tec transceiver. Since the ALC adjustment on the TT sets the
maximum power that the transceiver will transmitt. Just tune up
the linear as normal with maybe 50-75 watts and then adjust the
ALC adjustment until the power output goes to maximum and leave
it there. At that point the linear has all the drive it needs and
the transceiver  won't transmitt at a higher level.
73 Jim K4CGY