[TenTec] 2.031 QSK bug

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.031 QSK bug
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:20:56 -0800
I found my first bug in the Orion II 2.031 firmware.  I noticed that the
receive signals were down near zero, as if the antenna was disconnected.  It
was. In QSK mode (Ten Tec Titan 425 with QSK), at some point the O2 signals the
amp to go into transmit, while the radio is still in receive.  Transmit is
normal, but the amp never unkeys.  Going back to regular PTT (setting both on
amp and O2 menu) mode cures the problem.  Putting the amp in standby also
restores the receive signal. QSK was working fine prior to the new firmware.
The amp is actually in transmit, and I can see the normal idle current on the
plate.  This happens in both SSB and CW.  Tried a master reset, and no change.

Ron
N6AHA