Re: [TenTec] Scout?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout?
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:33:54 -0500
Yep.
I too, enjoy the Scout. There really isn't any issues with the radio
I own. Used primary for CW and some PSK, the so-called drift that TT
acknowledges is really no issue for me. Hiss?? Gee, you hear radio
noise (white noise), how can one hear the hiss??? (smile)
I use the W9GR DSP, the Z11 auto tuner, all modules and a TT supply.
This is packed into a neat home brew case, sporting 3 shelves and a
drop down panel for use as a writing/operating area designed for the
Scout and accesories. Great for those "emergencies" or eye pleasing
for the wife.
   I also have the mobile bracket for them days I want to "travel".
This is complimented with a small collection of "mono-band"
antennas. I use only 75, 40 and 17 meters in mobile-land.
Now if I had room to build a antenna for 160 ..... (smile)

Yeah, I enjoy the Scout 555.

Ron wb1hga

  "snip"