[TenTec] Great Contest Radio?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Great Contest Radio?
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:17:42 -0600
KC9CDT said:
"Yes, it is already a great contest radio IMHO. Just needs some additional
tweeking."

Lee,
I think you  must have "low expectations" for a "great contest radio?" With the
V2 code display being useless in contesting, the QSK not working over 20WPM,
the Notch and Auto-notch filters not removing the signals from the AGC bandpass
- so those signals still pump the AGC even though they are not audible - and
other real problems - it is hard for me to view the V2 Orion (Or Orion II) as a
"great contest radio." It is also hard for me to consider these problems
"tweaks."  I am hopeful that the V2 code will be significantly improved - so it
has the functionality and performance of the V1 code, but with improved
stability. However, given the fact that TenTec has worked on the Orion firmware
for over 2 years to get here, I am really glad I can run the V1 code.
73,
Merle-W0EWM