Re: [TenTec] Sweep on O2

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on O2
From: "Douglas Shock" <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:41:25 -0700
Toby,

Nothing is broke...there are just a few of us who refuse to be appliance
operators.

It is an excellent radio. Do I find the sweep concerning? No I don't. It's
an interrupt thing. It serves my purpose well. The NR...it works and it
works well...what's in question is how it works.

Please don't let these few items shadow the brilliance of this radio. I have
been a Yaesu operator for 12 years now. True, it is an adjustment for me but
an easy one now and I wish I had gone tentec years ago.

The flexibility of this radio goes beyond my wildest expectations. Let's not
overlook the incredible DSP in the 3rd IF...holy cow you have to hear it to
believe it. 100 hz and no ring...199 tap points and 50 hz away the s9+
signal is gonzo. The crystal filters in my mark V never worked this well.

If you are holding out...don't do it. I have spent the last year weighing
the difference with the big three...needless to say...here I am on a tentec
reflector.