Re: [TenTec] Roof filters

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Roof filters
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:13:09 -0500
The algorithm for centering the DSP filter is a little different.

If X is the spot tone frequency and BW if the filter width, then
if BW/2 < X then the filter center is X
if BW/2 > X then the filter center is BW/2

So in your example, the 1800 DSP filter would center at 900 even though your
sidetone was 400.  This is what removes the signal below zero.  The 1800
roofing filter always centers at your sidetone.  So the DSP filter is
removing the audio below 0, and the roofing filter is cutting the upper edge
at 1350 as you said.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain