Re: [TenTec] Mic for Scout?

To: <roncasa@verizon.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mic for Scout?
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:33:20 -0600
Not only have I used the hand mike, but also have used both the D-104 by
Astatic, and a "bullet" mike Astatic made which I believe was intended for
SSB.

All have gotten excellent results.  I had to make an adapter for the tip,
ring, and sleeve plugs on my Astatic mikes to fit the four pin Ten Tec mike
plug.

The adapter is simply a stereo jack mounted in the housing of an old square
plastic body push button industrial switch, which had a quarter inch hole
for the switch shank.  Then I have a cable wired off the jack to the spare
Ten Tec style four pin plug I bought.
The plugs are carried in the Philmore line of accessories for electronics
from some distributors like Austin Amateur Radio Supply.

-Stuart
K5KVH