[TenTec] SOLVED - 706 Microphone VOX Switch Problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SOLVED - 706 Microphone VOX Switch Problem
From: "John Huffman" <hjohnc@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:29:10 -0500
Problem solved.  It wasn't RF since I wasn't transmitting while pushing the
buttons (XMIT DISABLED via N4PY).  But, you did get me on the right track with
grounding.

Long story short, the 706 Ten Tec microphone does not have the shell of the
plug
grounded.  My extension cords did have a grounded shield which grounded the
plug
shells on each end.  But with no shell ground on the mike, it was for naught.

Grounding the braid to the shell did the trick.

Thanks and 73 de NA8M
John