Re: [TenTec] RF Getting back into Rig Problem

To: <k3ndm@verizon.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Getting back into Rig Problem
From: "G" <goofyham@highstream.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:49:24 -0500
I had a problem with my O1 & O2 with the TT 706 mic. Key stuck and RF in the
audio. I found that when I pointed the beam right over the shack the
problems started. I was able to eliminate almost all the problems by taking
the 706 mic apart and using kitchen foil placing it around the little PC
board pre amp and leaving a tab to put under one of the bottoming mounting
screws, that grounded the foil. I first put black tape on the board to
insulate it from the foil. Yes, the shack is grounded to a common 2, 8 foot
ground rods 5 feet apart.
I also found last year when I had the key stuck problem it turned out to be
the PTT button switch. It was bad. Had to bang on it to get back to receive.
My 2 cents.
George