Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality

To: <k6kdk@k6kdk.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:16:06 -0500
To one degree or another all the O2's sound this way,  and also 2056 on the
Classic Orion does not sound as good as on the V1 versions of software.

I have commented to a few O2 owners that their audio is not up to par with
the O1 audio that they used to have,  and invariably they will say they get
good reports.  But it has been my experience that unless you have RF or an
AC hum most of the guys you talk with will say the audio is good if you ask
them.  The O2 audio tends to sound like communications audio and does not
have the full robust sound of the Classic Orion. Sometimes the audio does
sound distorted and  somewhat mushy.  I have heard one or two O2 rigs that
sounded clean but just did not sound nearly as good as when the owners had
their O1s on the air.

I believe the problem is in the O2 and 2.0 code and not with the audio
board/  I hope everyone has reported this problem to ditsnbits.com.  Toby
W4CAK