Re: [TenTec] Serial numbers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Serial numbers
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:43:02 -0800 (PST)
As far as I know the early ###-##### S/N format is simply
sequential. I'm not aware of any public listing that equates
specific S/N's to dates either. So then it's a matter of
looking inside the radio itself on the various date codes on
IC's etc. and then making an educated guess based on the
range of dates you find. You can usually guess the
manufacturing age of a piece of equipment to within 6 months
to a year that way.

Duane
N9DG