Re: [TenTec] Orion II NR Performance Measurements

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II NR Performance Measurements
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:37:29 -0800
You are right about that Lin.  From what I can hear using the NR (2.032)
Downward Expansion is an effective feature that makes CW easier to copy if
the threshold is set just below the desired signal.  The way to test it
would be to measure the difference between the noise levels with the tone
turned off, as it would be between dits and dahs.

Ron N6AHA