Re: [TenTec] Johnson matchbox tuner

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Johnson matchbox tuner
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:08:32 -0800
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 08:48 -0800, NJ0IP wrote:
> Lyle,
>
> I suggest adding a third variable capacitor (like in the Annecke boxes).
> You can see this on L.B. Cybek (W4RNL) web site.  Look for his article on
> "Link Coupling" or "Link Coupled Matchboxes".

Another trick with the matchbox is to get a piece of Air Dux, make taps
every other turn and put it across the balanced line input along with
the feedline. Now adjust the number of turns and retune the matchbox
until the swr is where you like it.

This always seems to work when nothing else will.

jerome - va7vv