Re: [TenTec] Apartment antenna help

To: <wb5jnc@gulseth.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Apartment antenna help
From: <ve1bn@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:24:21 -0400
Al -

I have a coax cable running from my apartment up the window well to
the roof antennas. It is a long run of 9913 to the roof antenna switch box
at 35 meters up along the brick wall.

I wanted to load the feed line so I could try 160M with my SPC coupler..
However, like your building, this one is also concrete, steel and brick.
I found I could not get out at all.  ICable clamped against the bricks is
poor, obviously.  The RF gets absorbed by the wall.

Just a note to let you know the problem.  Some of the other suggestions
have much more merit.

73 -  Don,  VE1BN