[TenTec] Orion Aux Audio output etc.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Aux Audio output etc.
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:08:42 -0600
Folks, today I frequently find that we have one word missing from the vocabulary. That word is: RESPONSIBILITY It is our responsibility to read the manual, we are responsible to connect it correctly, we are responsible for checking our work, we are responsible for setting the parameters correctly and we are responsible for the results we obtain. To that end, we are given the authority to do all of these thing and thus along with the authority comes the responsibility. If you are insisting on messing with it, then be prepared to accept responsibility and not blame any failure on the other fellow.

In my 50+ years of dealing with electronics both professionally and as a hobby, on more than one occasion I've "let the smoke out of the box" due to my lack of understanding or carelessness in making a connection. To that end, I found the fault, fixed it, licked my wounds, and learned from my experience and didn't blame anyone but me.

In other words "if you can't run with the big dogs, then stay under the porch". And along the same line, "the bit dog usually yelps the loudest". Sure is a lot of finger pointing and yelping going on these days here on the reflector.

73
Bob, K4TAX
A connoisseur of fine radios