Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:37:22 -0600
Grant & Carl,
I can't comment on the Orion II but I do have an Orion with the built in tuner.
I observe the same thing that Duane did, but with the tuner disabled (I don't
use the tuner when driving the Alpha). What I think  I am seeing is the impact
of the tuned input filters - on both the main receiver and on the
subreceiver(Half octave filters). I suspect those filters follow the transmit
band when the Orion is set up for split operation. You can see the same
behavior if you set either VFO-A or VFO-B as the transmit VFO with the receiver
and the transmitter frequencies set for different bands.
Merle - W0EWM