Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:50:32 -0500
Vic,
        Reversing tones will not fix an offset problem.  It will invert
your signal and make you uncopyable to others (unless your setup is
reversed.)  The usual tipoff that you're inverted is that the station
you're calling will say something like "strong signal, but printing
garbled", after you try to contact him a number of times!

        73,  Duane

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:15:22 -0400 "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net> writes:
> No, I haven't experimented with reversing tones (although I have
> reversed
> mark/space to copy someone who was operating "backward).

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas