Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:55:16 -0400
I use exactly the same setup here: an old KAM and the Paragon. I did
have to put a pull-up resistor on the mark/space input to make it work
properly. I also use fans on the XCVR and power supply when running RTTY.

If the receiver or Passband tuning isn't centered right, you will have
to tweak the BFO trimmers. They can change with age, and the rotor
wipers may get a little tarnished, causing frequency shifts. Contact
cleaner and a few rotations of the cap fixed this for me. There is
probably a clever way to adjust the frequencies without a counter.

                73,

                        Bob WB2VUF