Re: [TenTec] Signal generator recommendations?

To: wb5jnc@gulseth.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Signal generator recommendations?
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:05:21 -0400
Al,

While a solid variable signal generator is a great asset, I have a
URM-25, but it isn't exactly trouble free or "small footprint", I also
have an Elecraft XG-1 "S-meter calibrator. It puts out an S-9 signal and
a 1 uV signal on a crystal frequency with remarkable accuracy for $39.
They also have an XG-2 that puts out a calibrated signal on multiple
bands. See http://www.elecraft.com/.

The combination of one of these and a less than stellar signal generator
will go a long way towards where you're headed, I would expect.

73 & GL, Joel
Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR