[TenTec] V 1.372 for Orion

To: "Ten Tec" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] V 1.372 for Orion
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:42:01 -0400
OK....played with V 2.056 for a couple of weeks and now back to V 1.372 in
the Original Orion.

I like the way the S meter and the RF gain control work together much better
in V 1.372 and also the DSP seems to work much better also....no distortion
as compared to V 2.056.

The QSK turn-around in the SLOW and MEDIUM AGC settings is also much faster
than V 2.056.

You gotta love the Orion...if you don't like one version of firmware you can
always change it to some version you do like.

I have an Elecraft K2 QRP rig....great receiver and overall great radio
but.......if you want a newer version of firmware you gotta shell out 30 or
40 bucks to get a new chip.

                                        73, Joe W2KJ