Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:53:56 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2006 7:35:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BPCI@aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 4/14/2006 7:53:45 AM Mountain Standard Time,
na9u@arrl.net writes:

He told  me last
night that after  reading the posts on this reflector
he was no  longer going to buy one  because of the
"problems" with   it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sorry to hear that fellow is not going to buy an orion.  i HAVE AN  ORION, A
COASIR ii AND OMNIC A SCOUT, A ts2000, AND FT 847, AND IC-746PRO, AND 2  FT
857 D'S, AMONG OTHER RADIOS.  WHAT DO i USE 95 % OF THE TIME.  THEN  ORION.
(sorry about the caps  wrong button)

I find the orion the most useful rig I own. it has more adjustments and  more
potential than any othe r rig.  it replace a ic-756.  so if he  still wants
an orion, thell him to buy it.  tell him to really read the  reflector and he
will see it is the same 5 or 6 people doing all the doom and  gloom.  its like
buying a new car and then complaining that you have to put  gas in it. it is
not that big a deal.
'
some of the O II had some initial problems and there is still the  OCCASIONAL
software glitch. but they are fixing it as they find them.  buy  the O II and
enjoy, it is a super rig, and ignore the 5 or 6 whon complain here
constantly about  "slow sweeep" ( I never use it any how, )  loss of  signal
when less
that 300 cycles wide ( I usually listen to cw at 500-700 BW as  I can sort
adjcent stations in my head), and so on

try it  you'll like it