Re: [TenTec] omni 6 plus going price

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] omni 6 plus going price
From: "John (KE5C)" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:18:50 -0500
> also the accursed 'EBa*' can be used as a search,
> but I usually deduct about 10% - 25% to get a
> 'realistic' price on what a rig is worth.

the final price on ebay IS the price a rig is worth at the time it sells in
that
marketplace.  the price at other marketplaces, such as a local hamfest or
qth.com (or tt), may vary and might be less or MORE.  local hamfests and
qth.com
are often out of stock, so whatever the 'realistic' price there might have been
really doesn't matter.  at any given time, the ebay marketplace is more likely
to have an item in stock, so for that item at that time, the ebay price is the
"realistic" price.

i usually search (completed) items in ebay, qth.com, qrz.com, and eham.net in
order to obtain data points for the recent price RANGE for any item.  in the
case of used tt gear, i would also check tt.  i have not seen any consistent
tendency for ebay prices to be higher or lower than other marketplaces.  ALL
prices are higher than what hams who are NOT in the marketplace would be
willing
to pay for an item, but if those folks are not currently in the market to buy,
don't really care what they would be willing to pay and neither do the sellers.

good luck - the only reason i don't miss my old omni six plus (which i
purchased
used with ps but no filters for $1950 on 6/14/1999) is that my orion (orginal,
mod v2) is so much sweeter.  73, john