[TenTec] Orion Musings (Was something about killing sales)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Musings (Was something about killing sales)
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:49:19 -0500
Tom,
Good email, but you left out ONE thing.  The absolute joy of setting BW at
250 or so, under a 300 cycle roofing filter, and having a nice RTTY chat
with a very weak signal, even if others close by don't hear him, and take
VERY few hits in the copy!  That's in addition to the unsolicited good audio
reports I get on SSB, and, you are right, it's downright handsome!!  My
Orion is the II, and the only regret I have is not keeping the Orion also,
hi hi.
73,
Don, WB5HAK