Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR 1k

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR 1k
From: ss409ss@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 20:35:53 -0400

  I've owned tons of TT gear over the years, nothing I've owned was perfect in
every way. Even the stuff from abroad has never totally overwhelmed me. To
knock TT's products is one thing, but to insult the employees is another..
These people have been nothing short of accommodating when I gave them a ring,
they have bent over backwards to provide us with the very best products over
the years and I cant wait until an O2 is sitting on my desk..

  You should take into consideration your own operating habits as everyone else
here is enjoying their gear from TT and getting 110% pleasure from it.. Most of
the time I find that people simply dont know how to use their stuff and blame
it on the manufacturer.. I know the firmware updates have some issues, but the
beauty is that the CW op can pick the best revision for his operating habits
and the same goes for the SSB op.. There are versions that will give most
anyone what they want after a simple flash update.. The 9k Yaesu cant even
offer that service.. You have to box up a 12k dollar radio and fire it back to
Cerritos CA. for every little problem that creeps up.. Now that is something to
question.. Richy N2ZD