Re: [TenTec] Off Topic EchoLink Question.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Off Topic EchoLink Question.
From: Dave Tipton <dave@lodave.org>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:25:48 -0700 (PDT)
I use it with the built in 802.11 connection in my laptop from starbucks all
the time..  I use a bluetooth headset as well.  Works like a charm.  Little bit
TOO geeky for my personal preference, but I do know it works.

OTAKEBI@aol.com wrote:  Has anyone in the group had success in setting up an
EchoLink connection
using a wireless card on a laptop.
If anyone is an expert Elmer please reply direct to Dan at:
_otakebi@aol.com_ (mailto:otakebi@aol.com) .
I have set up Roadrunner to a wireless Netgear router and I have opened Port
Forwarding
on the Netgear router.
I can connect to EchoLink on the main computer coming off the Netgear router
but when the signal goes to the laptop in the shack which is using a Belkin
wireless card I can't connect to the test server on EchoLink.
All the stations show up on the on the EchoLink website I just can't connect.
Thanks in advance,
Dan/N4VET