Re: [TenTec] If you ground it - it will come!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] If you ground it - it will come!
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:46:33 -0700 (PDT)
When the Ham community and Electronics Industry agrees
on what constitutes a proper ground, would someone
please let me know.  I have spent some serious hours
reading every possible thing I can, so as to determine
what is the final say on  The Matter. All this just to
do the proper job, right, the first time, and know I'm
covered.  I give up.  I've bonded all my equipment
together by 1 ft.x1" braided straps to a 8 ft. long
strip of copper 12" in wide. It runs along my back
table top then directly out (thru the door jamb)and
straight to a gnd rod outside 6" from the from the
edge of the door frame. That ground rod connects with
two others by  #6 gauge wire, and the water pipes and
tv cables, telephone lines, are bonded to this also.
That's as good as it's going to get.  In unsettled or
stormy weather, or when not in use for any period, I
pull the AC plugs and disconnect antennas.  I drop the
coax connector ends into a big ceramic crock, and put
the lid on.  That's just going to have to do.