Re: [TenTec] Copper Flashing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Copper Flashing
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 08:56:36 -0700 (PDT)
Right, that's the stuff I got.  10" wide, 20ft. long.
Worth every penny of the price.  It's not "foil"  when
the say 3 oz. it must refer to 1 fooot, or one sq.
foot. I would guess the stuff is good to a kilowatt of
 RF EASY. Because of the RF sKin effect, it is equal
to a very large wire conductor.  When using it for
radial or shielding applications remember the voltage
handling requirements are greatly reduced.  The stuff
I have has a paper backing on one side that's a bvit
hard to remove if you have to.  If the 1/16 thickness
isn't good enough for you, fold it over and double or
triple it's thickness. It's heavy enough for RF, but
if you want a better path for DC ground, just run a
heavy conductor a along side it and short them to each
other every few feet.