Re: [TenTec] Used Orion or new Orion II?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Used Orion or new Orion II?
From: "Scott Harwood" <scotth@hsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:49:35 -0400
I had an Orion I and traded for an Orion II mainly for differences in the
roofing filters setup, firmware differences (at that time) and future support
potential.  Arguably, these may or may not be sufficient reasons to trade up.
Both are great rigs.  I suggest you get the Orion I and then decide yourself if
the trade up is worth it.

In either case, as someone suggested on an earlier post, read the manual
several times and play with the rig a lot (especially the TX audio and AGC
settings), and customize it for your needs.  You won't be disappointed with
either one.
73
Scott K4VWK