[TenTec] FT-2000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FT-2000
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:57:18 -0400
        Anyone notice Yaesu's FT-2000 on
the inside rear cover of June QST?  If you
look very carefully with a magnifying glass,
you will see it sports a 3 kHz roofing filter,
just like the FTdx9000.  Now that the IC-7800
has added a 3 kHz filter to its original
complement of 6 kHz and 20 kHz, can a
756 PRO IV be far behind?  If the FT-2000
is targeting the PRO III, this will be an
absolute must for Icom to stay in the game.

        Do some of you guys remember...
just 3 years ago on this reflector...one of the
Icom zealots boldly told us that Mr. Inouye,
CEO of Icom, said there would likely
never be any more crystal filters in Icom
DSP radios?  How truth and facts change
opinions!  Now the IC-7800 has not one
but 3 different roofing filters!  ;-)  (and they
still cannot approach the close-spaced IMD
performance of Orion).

        I cannot find any detailed specs
on the FT-2000 but I'll bet more info will
be released at Dayton.

                        73,  Bill  W4ZV