Re: [TenTec] USB-to-RS232

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] USB-to-RS232
From: "HUGHESRO" <ROGERH@realtracs.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:12:23 -0500
Rich, Are you using the ten tec 305 level converter with it. In checking on
internet it seems the Heathkit converter may work and the Icom ct-17 or
derivative there of. The Ham Radio Delux software has a web site on interfaces
cat and audio. I use a Keyspan usb to ser runs program ok but does not like
anything about switching/ptt. I also have a radio shack which works ok on most
all, Yeasu/Kenwood but does not like my omni 6. You can always take back to rs.
Works fb on 1000mp mark 5. the ten tec model 305 has a mono 1/8inch pug from
back of omni 6 to box then out of 305 by db25 to puter or usb adapter. A lot of
posts this week on these usb adapters. I've just about pulled my last good hair
roots out over this interfacing stuff. Gud lk Roger W4IV