Re: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:20:03 -0400
  wine wine wine, (do you want cheese with that??) :)

TT Scout owners are very particular in station assembly. My modules
are next to the radio all the time. Kid's are taught not to touch.
During mobile, I think most of us carry only one or two bands.

If you like, I wud be glad to send a pic of my "field" station,
proven for emergency use.
The VW mobile is great!
Scout owners, unite!! (smile)

Ron, wb1hga
"magic is real unless declared integer"

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
> <<<Not everyone loved the VW bug nor will everyone appreciate the Scout.
> It  is
> a basic but effective radio and gets the job done. Like the Beetle, folks
> will tinker with mods but when the day is over the basic model is the most
> desired. I do find it rather amazing how folks with no experience with a
> particular radio are always first to offer criticism or their "expert"
> advice.  >>>

"snip"