Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW

To: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW
From: "K. Indart" <kitdart@ntelos.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:46:00 -0400
Hi Paul,
     15 years ago I used to do a lot of CW mobile, mostly on 40 meters.
Generally with the same bunch of ops; many ex Navy types.  Really miss those
fellows.  Hamming since the late 40's and my first transmitter was a 6L6
xtal controlled.
     Copying in the head is not rocket science.  I learned by just
listening, not writing anything, except the QTH and the name.   When you
reach 20-25 wpm typing or writing is a chore, besides it distracts you from
what the "OP" is saying.
For many years now, I never write/type.  Lately have been practicing fast
code and at around 35-40 wpm and it is a lot of fun; just like carrying on a
conversation.
   Gimme a call or email me and we can have an "on the air" qso.
Email: wa4rph@arrl.org

Ken,  WA4RPH    160-10 m, Omni VI+ Centurion, 238B Tuner, 135' zepp at 55'
and 2 m into DC area.